Hannah Moloney is a SEND specialist with many years’ experience of the education and care sectors. She is passionate about working to improve the SENCO role in practice, as well as build recognition for children with special educational needs and disabilities through strategic development of education, health and social care partnership working.
Hannah is a member of the Every Leader a Leader of SEND Expert Reference Group of Nasen/Whole School SEND, along with Tania
Hannah also co-runs a charity called Generation CAN, which celebrates inspirational children and young people with SEND, and the people who support them (professionals, volunteers, parents and carers).
Read Hannah's Posts
- Join the SNJ Squad as a “Patron” and get exclusive content!Running SNJ takes time and money. As volunteers, we don't mind spending time making the site as useful as possible,…Continue reading »
- Overworked, underpaid SENCOs mean children with SEND “will be left vulnerable for decades”For the last few years I've written about the annual National SENCO Workforce Survey that I help to produce with…Continue reading »
- If we truly want effective SENCOs, the government must act to make it possibleThe Special Needs Jungle Coronavirus Survey sought the views and experiences of over a thousand parents and carers of children…Continue reading »
- How the 2020 SENCO Surveys findings could really improve SEND provision nationallyThree years ago, when I first imagined what a SENCO Survey might achieve, I spent a lot of time wondering…Continue reading »
- Are Access Arrangements given unfairly? Three reasons why we need a review of the systemAccess Arrangements are a way to level the playing field in exams when someone has a disability or special educational…Continue reading »
- SENCO basics: My research defining the role of the modern SENCOTania’s note: Hannah Moloney was the author of a research study into the SENCo workload that I wrote about on…Continue reading »
Join the SNJ “Patron” Squad & get exclusive content!
Become a Patron!
- Your Squad Patrons' EXCLUSIVE MAY SEND update Newsletter is OUT NOW! If you're a patron and you haven't received it check your spam. No joy? Get in touch.