About Jo Grace
Joanna Grace is an international sensory engagement and inclusion specialist, trainer, author, TEDx speaker and founder of The Sensory Projects.
Consistently rated as Outstanding by Ofsted, Joanna has taught in mainstream and special school settings, connecting with pupils of all ages and abilities Joanna has also supported adult care teams and families caring for loved ones at home. To inform her work Joanna, who is diagnosed with autism, draws on her own experience from her private and professional life as well as taking in all the information she can from the research archives. Joanna's private life includes family members with profound disabilities and time spent as a registered foster carer for children with profound disabilities.
Joanna's book Sensory Stories for children and teens sells globally, her second Sensory-being for Sensory Beings came out this year to a great reception and she has a further five books due for publication within the next two years, including four children's books.
Jo's posts on SNJ
- Join the SNJ Squad as a “Patron” and get exclusive content!Running SNJ takes time and money. As volunteers, we don't mind spending time making the site as useful as possible,…Continue reading »
- Measure for measure: how do we judge the quality of a life?The Bake-Off contestants race to uncover today’s technical challenge. In their haste, one contender reads the instruction to add two…Continue reading »
- Sensory toys don’t work on their own.Suppose I told you I was going to teach your child maths, and then I dumped a load of maths…Continue reading »
- Adventures of the sensory kind for National Multi-Sensory Storytelling DayThe 24th of September is National Multi-Sensory Storytelling Day and I'd like to tell you about an exciting event to…Continue reading »
- Why your instababy snaps could spell danger to looked-after childrenoI am a sensory engagement specialist. I spend a lot of my time looking at how our early sensory experiences…Continue reading »
- A sensory being’s Christmas wish listRecently I posted a Christmas Shopping List on Facebook that has done its best to go viral. As someone who…Continue reading »
- Join the world’s first fully-inclusive, fantastically fun, Super Sensory race!Tania's note: Jo Grace is back to tell us about something you may like to get involved with! Parallel London…Continue reading »
- The joyful sensory world: Our differences and how we are all the sameTania writes: A few years ago, I ran a guest post from Jo Grace who was crowdfunding to raise funds…Continue reading »
- Help kick-start a project to make low-cost Sensory Stories!Tania writes: So many of the people I meet who are involved with special needs have an absolute passion for…Continue reading »