Contact a Family has long been a source of information about the benefits system for parents of disabled children, however now - thanks to three years of funding - they will be able to offer more personalised advice for parents living in England.
From today (June 3), if you get in contact with CaF, they will be able to offer you an appointment with their welfare experts to discuss your situation. They will then be able to take you through the latest relevant benefits advice and run through any other financial help you may be entitled to maximise your income.
Senior Parent Adviser and welfare rights expert, Derek Sinclair said:
"At a time of huge change to the benefit system, this will provide a badly needed source of free, confidential, high quality and up to date advice for parents. Our advisers will make sure that parents have the right information to make informed choices about issues."
- moving into work
- benefit options when a child reaches 16
- or how to use self-directed support to take greater control over how services are provided to their disabled child.
Contact a Family will also be offering a series of workshops across England to raise awareness of the new benefits system. Get in contact with your nearest office to find out more.
You can also access their quarterly welfare update in their What's new e-bulletin and a range of resources to help parents make sense of the benefits maze. Sign up to receive your free copy.
You can also:
- Read more about the changes coming to the welfare system including more about personal independence payment (PIP) and universal credit
- Watch our video - meet the parent advisers and find out how they can help
Latest posts by Tania Tirraoro (see all)
- SEND Transport: Consultation and Missed opportunities - August 14, 2019
- Why mixed attainment teaching can benefit children and improve social justice - July 24, 2019
- Join the SNJ Squad as a “Patron” and get exclusive content! - July 12, 2019