So, later today I am heading out for the BritMums bloggers conference and awards. As you know, Special Needs Jungle is a finalist in the 'Change' category. As something of a niche subject, I'm really not expecting to win - reaching the finals, thanks to all your votes, was such a brilliant feeling to know that you like the blog enough to make the effort to vote and I'm very grateful to everyone who did. If you're going to the conference, please say hello to me!
Last week's SEN conference has given me lots of material for posts - and I'm not finished yet. Next week I'll be bringing you a large chunk of Charlie Mead's talk about the state of care for Looked after Children. It's something we should all care about. Also, if you haven't already seen it, check out my post (below) about when we went to see Temple Grandin speak and my view on the SEN pathfinder so far and why I think the timetable is still too rushed.
Have a great weekend - may the sun peek out on us at some point!
- SEC Consortium: Citizens Advice & The Children’s society have today launched a survey on disability additions and the universal credit
- Special Needs Jungle: Don't rush SEN reform - get it right, not fast My SpecialNeedsJungle post why even the revised deadline is too soon
- DfE: Watch today's Education Select Committee on SEN
- Disabled World: Adolescents and Stigma Associated with Mental Illness
- EURORDIS: EURORDIS releases QnA to help patients advocate for their right to cross border healthcare
- Disability Scoop: Companies Partner To Develop Autism Drugs
- Guardian Teacher Network blog: Pupil hunger: nearly half of teachers have taken food in for their pupils
- Medscape: Stimulants in ADHD: A Road to Hypertension?: Stimulant Medication Use in Children: A 12-Year Perspective
- Chaos In Kent: Do you remember?
- Special Needs Jungle: Inspired: Youngest meets Dr Temple Grandin.
- AutismMumma: When Autism smacks you down and some kind words lift you back up
- MedPage Today: FDA: ADHD Drugs Top prescription for Kids
- A Boy with Asperger's: 20 ways to make summer a less stressful time for the child
- Special Needs Jungle: Who will care for our vulnerable ‘Looked After Children’ in a care-less society?
- Guardian: Fathers 'struggle to cope with pressures of caring for disabled children'
- Contact a Family: Join the Counting the Cost campaign against cuts for families with disabled children
- British Journal of Special Education: Dyslexics in time machines and alternate realities: thought experiments on the existence of ‘dyslexia’ and ‘Lexism’
- Family Fund grants: the who, what and how to apply - September 29, 2020
- The dyslexia ‘battle’ and middle-class mums? I think we need to look at the broader picture - September 25, 2020
- Coronavirus guidance: What mainstream settings should do to ensure the inclusion of disabled children - September 14, 2020