Another Friday is here - just one week to go before my boys break up for an almost-month-long Easter break. Here's my weekly round up of the best special needs and disability stories and blogs I've spotted this week. As ever, if you have one to share, list it in the comments of this blog so others can enjoy it!
- Aspie in the Family: ASD and personal hygiene
- Ambitious about Autism: Our response to news that Met Police assaulted a 16 year-old young person with autism
- CYP Now: Teenagers increasingly prone to mental health problems
- UTV Live News: Northern Ireland: Urgent help for dyslexic pupil ordered
- The Guardian: Autistic teenager wins damages from police after being restrained
- Medical News Today: Model Established To Study How Brain Processes Multisensory Information, Process That Goes Awry In Autism Disorders
- Special Needs Jungle: Got the SEN statement? Great, but your work’s not over yet.
- Medical News Today: Seeking Better Ways To Diagnose Young Children With Language Impairments
- Living Autism: When Two Different Worlds Collide (Autism Spectrum Conditions and the Criminal Justice System)
- Medical News Today: New Insights Into Autism Revealed By Research On Rare Bone Disorder
- National Children’s Bureau: More must be done to tackle bullying of disabled children
- SAGE: Access Gifted Education International January issue FREE- first SAGE issue now available in print and online!
- Oxford Times: Oxford police learn when it's #autism, not aggression
- Psych Central: Parents’ Exposure to Solvents in the Workplace Could Be Linked to Autism
- The Independent: David Cameron: The five lessons I learned as father of disabled child & intend to put into practice
- Cheshire Mums Magazine: Does your child have a hidden disability? My article on P7
- Not As Advertised Blog: Why specialneeds coffee mornings are good for the soul
- A boy with Asperger's: Special School – Don’t write it off!
- Daily Echo: Closing Southampton's Hope Lodge would be a 'disaster'
- The Guardian: Introducing Netbuddy, the specialneeds Mumsnet "When you've been in our situation, you want to help others"...
- Left Brain/Right Brain: Autism Blog - BMJ, Brian Deer file anti-SLAPP motion against Andrew Wakefield
- Love All Blogs: Take a look at the new Love Special Needs Weekly Showcase
- PR Web: MMR II and Autism: Microcompetition the Missing Link?
She is also an experienced broadcast and print journalist & author. Tania also runs a PR, web & social media consultancy, SocialOro Media. She is a Rare Disease & chronic pain patient advocate with Ehlers Danlos syndrome.
Latest posts by Tania Tirraoro (see all)
- Exemplary Practice: Why this special school is PROUD of its pupil voice - December 3, 2019
- What’s a PRU to you? Busting the myths about alternative provision - November 19, 2019
- SEND Tribunal trial extended – but it needs more than just time to be a success - November 5, 2019