If you enjoy reading Special Needs Jungle, I would be really happy if you would please nominate SpecialNeedsJungle.com blog in BritMums Blogging Awards in the CHANGE! section
Enjoy this week's story selection. Don't forget, if you have your own post or story, add it in the blog comments section.
- This is Nottingham: £54,000 for Magpies' Goals For Life scheme
- This is Cornwall: Pitch-perfect autism sufferer Kyle to release an album
- Croydon Today: Gymnastics champion Phillip Davies (who has Asperger's) : 'You can always improve'
- Dyslexia Action: Dyslexia acknowledgement of 10% by Gove . Could this be a new dawn?
- Bioscience Technology: More autism research: New Brain Imaging and Computer Modeling Technique Predicts Autistic Brain Activity and Behavior
- MyHealthNewsDaily.com: Encouraging Eye Contact May Disturb Autistic Kids' Thinking
- Medical News Today: Young Adults With Asperger Syndrome Frequently Suffer From Depression
- Huff Post: Jenee Woodard: Parenting Adults With Autism
- BBC News: MMR doctor wins High Court appeal
- The Press Association: 'Act early' on disruptive children
- Huff Post: Ellee Seymour: The Intimidating Appeal System for Special Educational Needs
- BBC: Disability Services Remploy to Close Factories
- Family Voice Surrey: If you're a parent of SEN or disabled child in Surrey please follow Family Voice Surrey for advice and info
- IPSEA - IPSEA's views on the SEN Green Paper
- Looking for Blue Sky: For just ONE day (try autism)
- This is Staffordshire: Staffs school honoured for dyslexia work
- Cambian: Want to know more about the CambianScholarships scheme & how to qualify?
- Family Practice News: Toddlers' Autistic traits linked to Preteen Psychosis & bullying increases psychosis risk by 69%
- Special Needs Jungle: I want your statementing stories
- Telegraph: Youngest in school year more likely to be diagnosed with ADHD: research
- Special Needs Jungle: If your SEN child loves computers.. watch this video
- Birmingham Post: More parents considering legal action over SEN children's education
- More #autism research: Social Deficits in Autism Linked to ‘Mirror Neuron’ System in Psych Central News ow.ly/9tGMf
- STV News: £1m donation to help Scottish research into autism
- Aspie In The Family: School refusal – challenges, beaurocracy and betrayal
- CYP Now: Deaf children reap benefits of dog initiative
- Express.co.uk: My Asperger’s son is my hero
- Autisable: "Oh he just has Aspergers? He'll be fine in the long run, right?"
- Ballymena Times: Most vulnerable children could suffer in changes to statementing’- Local Principal
She is also an experienced broadcast and print journalist & author. Tania also runs a PR, web & social media consultancy, SocialOro Media. She is a Rare Disease & chronic pain patient advocate with Ehlers Danlos syndrome.
Latest posts by Tania Tirraoro (see all)
- Ofsted’s grim verdict on SEND in England - January 22, 2020
- Ofsted explains its new way of reporting on SEND provision in education - January 17, 2020
- New Autism Toolkit launched to get support for children #RightFromTheStart - January 14, 2020