In these unprecedented days, there is a lot of uncertainty, not least about education. What happens to legally-backed provision when schools are closed? If schools arrange online working, what are your child's legal rights? What if schools are closed for a protracted period? What if you have a tribunal coming up? Or an EHCP assessment pending?
Our columnist, SEND lawyer, Hayley Mason, Director and senior solicitor at SEN Legal, is offering to answer your questions about the legal implications as they relate to education law and issues around coronavirus and potential forced school closures.
You don't have long - you need to get your question in by Friday at 5pm.
The NHS has launched an interactive service here to find out what to do if you think you have symptoms.
Meanwhile, we are somewhat concerned about what this may mean, below, about legislation ‘relaxing provision’ for children with SEND. We are watching closely.
Find the answers to your questions
- Coronavirus and SEND law: Part 4 What does my child’s EHCP still provide? -
Coronavirus: School, attendance and exclusions. Your legal questions answered, part 3
- Coronavirus and SEND law: Your Questions Answered (part two – Timescales)
- Coronavirus and SEND law: Your questions answered (part one - Tribunals) Hayley Mason
- Care in a time of Coronavirus: Using direct payments to pay family members for care -Steve Broach
- Steve Broach, Public Law Barrister on the Coronavirus Bill’s implications for disabled children
- The curious decision to keep disabled children at school despite the Coronavirus crisis -Tania Tirraoro
- Calming Coronavirus anxiety in children (and everyone else)- Angela Kelly
Join the SNJ “Patron” Squad & get exclusive content!
Become a Patron!
- Your Squad Patrons' EXCLUSIVE February SEND update Newsletter is out now! If you're a patron and you haven't received it check your spam. No joy? Get in touch.
Don’t miss a thing!
- #ProvisionDenied Return to School SEND Legal Webinar *recording + questions answered* - March 5, 2021
- Poor advice for Post-16: Why Katie & Harvey Price’s long hunt for a suitable college is far from unique - March 2, 2021
- Free back-to-school legal WEBINAR! What to do if your child’s SEND education rights are denied when schools fully-reopen - February 25, 2021