Still there is some good news for me, anyway: I've been asked to take part in a Dragon's Den/Apprentice type thingy for young people. Apparently, I'm an inspirational business expert. When I told Son1, he snorted with derision. Now I'm going to spend the next few weeks feeling like a total fraud. I said yes, of course, because my message to those young people will be to embrace opportunities when they come- both to help yourself and to help others.
Anyway, happy weekend and here's my pick of the posts and special needs news from the last week.
- Special Needs Jungle: If ‘child centred’ help is a no-brainer, why isn’t it happening?
- Ambitious About Autism: Ambitious about Autism helps create leaflet about mental capacity issues
- Mumsnet: Q&A with Sharon Hodgson, Shadow Minister for Children and Families on Mumsnet
- Bury Free Press: Autistic teen was ‘failed by system’ > another tragic story and lack of provision
- Kat's Cafe: ‘I Wish I Didn’t Have Aspergers’:#AutismPositivity2012
- Carers UK: new figures show cost of families forced to give up work to care reaches £1.3bn
- The Voice: Voice comments on scholarship scheme for SEN support staff :: Voice The Union
- The Guardian: Imagine the hell faced by our most vulnerable children, prime minister by Camila Batmanghelidjh
- Special Needs Jungle: Advocates For Children – a FREE SEN legal advocacy charity. If you missed this yesterday, here's the link again
- DSE International: Landmark research study shows targeted intervention improves reading & language skills of children with Down syndrome
- Informa Healthcare: Where to with treatment for ADHD?, Current Medical Research and Opinion, Informa Healthcare
- Autism and Empathy: Theory of War
- Thirty Days of Autism: ‘I Wish I Didn’t Have Aspergers’: a letter to my son for AutismPositivity2012
- Funding Announced For Autism in Waleshttp://ow.ly/aB3dP
- Aspie n the Family: Autism and sleeping from Aspie in the familyow.ly/aAvcY @MumForAutism
- Sky Badger: Free cash for disabled students inc. dyslexics! dld.bz/avmmF Disabled student's allowance.
- FooDee: Autism and restaurants - my first experience with discrimination - FooDee
- Sky Badger: Autism holidays in France.no need to apologise
- BBC News - Bullied 'more prone to self harm'
She is also an experienced broadcast and print journalist & author. Tania also runs a PR, web & social media consultancy, SocialOro Media. She is a Rare Disease & chronic pain patient advocate with Ehlers Danlos syndrome.
Latest posts by Tania Tirraoro (see all)
- Exemplary Practice: Why this special school is PROUD of its pupil voice - December 3, 2019
- What’s a PRU to you? Busting the myths about alternative provision - November 19, 2019
- SEND Tribunal trial extended – but it needs more than just time to be a success - November 5, 2019