Ah, so school's out for pretty much everyone from today..just in time for the summer sunshine to finally show itself. Although my boys are enjoying the end of their second week of alternately slumping in front of screens or eating everything in the house, interspersed with a bit of warhammer painting or deafening me with electric guitar-playing (this is Son1 and he's very good, thank goodness)
But today is a special day in our house - it's the long-awaited dawn of Son2's teenage years. Summer birthdays always seem the longest to come around and last night, having decided to no longer resist being 13, Son2 decided as it was inevitable, he might as well get really excited about it.
He's now exploring his iPad (see image for his personal engraving on the back) and newly-boosted collection of Orks as he awaits the arrival of a few school pals for a party.. of some type.. to be decided when they get here. I just have to provide pizza, drinks and be scarce, which I am more than happy to do.
One thing he won't be doing is perusing my list of must-read stories from the week and this is a shame, because, if he was twenty years older, he'd enjoy them very much, I'm sure. So, happy holidays to you and Happy Birthday to my brand new teenager!
- Daily Rx: Autism and Anxiety in Children can lower quality of life
- Education update: Initial SEN pathfinder findings published
- BBC News - Gary McKinnon 'no choice' but to refuse medical test
- Emma4oacs: Reveal Magazine – FACS Revealed interview in national mag
- Medical News Today: Brain Development Not Affected By Long-Term ADHD Drug
- Aspie in the family: How a hamster is helping my aspergers daughter - A post about the power of pets from Aspie in the family
- A boy with Asperger's: An emotional but wonderful sports day - a heart-warming post
- Violet's Diary: Am I a Carer?
- Lynsey The Mother Duck: My story, published in SEN Magazine
- DownSide Up: The Doctors' Waiting Room, or, The Value of Our Daughter's Life
- Autism Mumma: Our experience with PECs « Autism Mumma (Jeannette) ow.ly/clt8f
- NAS: Calling all family carers. Two useful resources of info to help you keep your relative safe.
- Ambitious About Autism/CYP Now: 'Why the NHS needs to be more like Tesco for young people' by Andy Lusk,
- NAHT: Special Educational Needs Blog
- Baseball Butterflies & Blessings Blog: Dilemma of Batmoose & "Hand Germs"
- Medical News Today: One In Four Disabled Children Likely To Be Victims Of Violence
- Special Needs Jungle: Active listening: a core skill for SEN reform
- Check Orphan: Austerity In The United Kingdom Leaves Disabled In Fear For Their Lives
- Manchester Airport: See this brilliant guide by the NAS and Manchester airport for travelling with an autistic child
- Check Orphan: Five rare mutations in single gene increase chances of boys developing ASD
- SEN MAGAZINE - A change is gonna come IPSEA's from Jane McConnell
Latest posts by Tania Tirraoro (see all)
- SEND Transport: Consultation and Missed opportunities - August 14, 2019
- Why mixed attainment teaching can benefit children and improve social justice - July 24, 2019
- Join the SNJ Squad as a “Patron” and get exclusive content! - July 12, 2019