I've come across lots of interesting stories this week so here's my list of the cream of the crop of news, blogs and, of course the week's stories from Special Needs Jungle. Have a great weekend - let's hope the rain holds off.
- Medical News Today: The Top 10 Toxic Chemicals Suspected Of Causing Autism And Learning Disabilities
- Huff Post parents: Amy Markoff Johnson: Our Journey to an AutismDiagnosis
- NASEN: Special school ‘SENCO’?
- SFARI: Large sequencing study ties autism genes to fragile X
- Special Needs Jungle: Act now for a chance to learn more about SEN – for just £36 including lunch!
- Kent Online: Centre promises a brighter future for disabled children in Kent
- BBC News: Truro Pearl autism drop-in centre is opened
- Daily Sundial: Autistic teens and children struggle with cyber addiction
- BBC News: Prospect of 'autism drug' raised after early tests
- Salon.com: Temple Grandin on the autism surge > interesting article
- New Autism: What are Stimming Behaviours?
- Webwire: Dietary Changes Solve Many Asperger’s Syndrome Symptoms > an interesting read
- Medscape: Evidence of Publication Bias in Autism Studies
- Special Needs Jungle: FREE help for children with dyslexia offered by Education expert
- The Voice Blog: SEN support scheme "targets only the elite – or ‘talented’ as the DfE describes them"
- The Conversation: Autism's hidden older brother – Specific Language Impairment
- Aspie in the family: Carers – coping with stress a great and honest post from Aspie in the family
- Technewszone: Asperger’s Syndrome – A Parent’s Journey With Her Son, From Childhood To Young Adulthood by Mari Nosal
As usual, if I've missed yours, add it to the blog comments to share with others.
Latest posts by Tania Tirraoro (see all)
- SEND Transport: Consultation and Missed opportunities - August 14, 2019
- Why mixed attainment teaching can benefit children and improve social justice - July 24, 2019
- Join the SNJ Squad as a “Patron” and get exclusive content! - July 12, 2019