Our single answer question forms have now closed
Answering the questions in the SEND Review is not straightforward. There are complicated issues to consider if you want to do it properly. Below we have ponder points that you can use to help you answer the consultation
Even though our single answer forms have closed, you can still answer the consultation on the main Department for Education website or email your responses to: SENDReview.CONSULTATION@EDUCATION.GOV.UK
A good idea is to:
- copy and paste the following prompts into the form below and add your answers under each one,
- copy and paste them into a notes app or word doc to answer, then paste the whole lot into the form below
So here is Question 16, as stated on the Government website:
- To what extent do you agree or disagree that a statutory framework for pupil movements will improve oversight and transparency of placements into and out of AP? (Chapter 4)
To help you answer this, you can read the relevant part of our post here. However, we have also included tips from the post below.
What does this mean?
- The government doesn't know “how children and young people move around the school system, including through off-site direction and unregulated managed moves”. This means they don't know where vulnerable pupils are being educated, what they are learning, or how good the teaching is.
- They want to create a “statutory framework” for all pupil movements.
- The DfE wants to get information about the use of unregistered provision, which includes unregistered EOTAS ( Education Otherwise Than at School.) provision used by some children with EHCPs and that in use by other home educators.
Question 16 Ponder Points:
- Are these the right proposals?
- How should a statutory framework for pupil movements be developed? How would it work?
- How do we ensure that children in alternative provision get the very best support, rather than be forgotten about?
- Do you agree that EOTAS provision that is unregistered should be investigated?
- What should the timescale for a review of unregistered settings be?
- How should they find out who is providing alternative provision and to whom? How should they find out how schools are using on-site and informal exclusion and segregation to protect their official exclusion data figures?
Go back to the main SEND Review Resources page to see all the questions