Answering the questions in the SEND Review is not straightforward. There are complicated issues to consider if you want to do it properly. If you'd rather just have at it and feel confident that you understand all the questions, you can find it here. However, not everyone is comfortable answering government surveys and if this is you, we want to help. As we publish our articles explaining each chapter, we will create answer forms so you can read below some information to help you understand what's being asked and this will make it easier to give a full answer.
The form comes to us to be stored securely. We will collate everything we get and submit them all to the SEND Consultation team. Below are prompts to help you think about how to answer. You can add your name if you want, but we need your email to match your answers to other questions if you answer more than one. It won't be used for anything else other than this consultation. It won't be passed to the DfE.
A good idea is to:
- copy and paste the following prompts into the form below and add your answers under each one,
- copy and paste them into a notes app or word doc to answer, then paste the whole lot into the form below
- just scroll up to remind yourself of the tips
So here is Question 8, as stated on the Government website:
- Consultation Question 8: What steps should be taken to strengthen early years practice with regard to conducting the two-year-old progress check and integration with the Healthy Child Programme review?
To help you answer this, you can read the first part of Tania's post here. However, we have also included tips from her post below.
What shoudl you consider?
- SEND provision, and indeed an EHCP, can start at birth, but this seems to have been overlooked. How can intervention from birth be improved?
- Will creating a level 3 (A-level-equivalent) SENCo qualification for early years settings improve SEND expertise? More info on this here
- Are Family Hubs a good idea? What does “wraparound support” mean to you? See more here
- How should the skills of early years staff be improved to help them identify SEND at the two-year-old progress check?
- Is it enough for a school to “have access to a speech and language therapist"? Should this be more closely spelled out?
- How should health visitors make up support? Many parents only see a health visitor a couple of times. Is this enough?
- What else can be done? If it isn’t already happening, why? And what in the SEND Review proposals will improve it?
- How should the Childre's Review of Social Care help disabled children? How should it be incorporated into the Green paper?
Ready to answer Consultation Question 8?
Make sure you add your email to be told when the next question is published.
In the next couple of days, we'll add forms for more questions.
Go back to the main SEND Review Resources page to see all the questions