Yesterday, Renata and I sat down virtually with Will Quince MP, Minister for Children and Families for an episode of our video/podcast, SNJ in Conversation.
As you know there is a webinar we are facilitating scheduled for your questions next week, so register now if you haven't we took the opportunity to put a few questions face to virtual face in a more sedate manner. We've tried to ask questions that we won't necessarily cover in the webinar, but inevitably will be some cross-over. If you have a burning question, do put it forward.
We spoke for 45 minutes, covering, mandatory mediation, SENDIAS, accountability, teacher training, digital plans, and much more. This was intended as a conversation rather than a grilling, and we had to pre-submit questions, but we hope it's made you keen to hear more for the webinar.
Mr Quince did concede that the 2014 reforms were good, and nothing in this consultation is set in stone, including mandatory mediation that no one wants -- so it's very important that you respond to the consultation, either via the DfE official route, our own single-question options, or perhaps via a charity you are involved with. He also outlined what will happen after the consultation.
Watch the video podcast on YouTube
Watch below, or click here to go direct to YouTube
Listen to the podcast on other platforms
If you're on the move, you can listen to the podcast on your favourite platform, links below. Don't forget to subscribe!
- The SEND Review was published on Tuesday 29th March 2022. The consultation has been extended until July 22nd because of the late publication of accessible versions (see links below)
- There is a dedicated website with alternative versions, languages and formats here
- The Green Paper is a DISCUSSION document, split into six chapters, with 21 consultation questions.
- We are simplifying how to answer, including easy answer forms
- The consultation can be responded to here but we advise you to read our articles first so you are fully informed
- Read all SNJ posts on the SEND Review, including our analysis articles.
- Find Large print PDF version Order a copy
- Easy read version | British Sign Language (BSL) version | Guide for children and young people
- Can you help support our work?
Join the SNJ “Patron” Squad & get exclusive content!
Become a Patron!
- The SNJ Patrons' EXCLUSIVE May SEND update Newsletter is OUT NOW! If you're a patron and you haven't received it check your spam. No joy? Get in touch.