We've decided to create a quick survey to find out how families have been getting on while home educating and how the changes to EHCP duties and timescales have affected them.
It's just s snapshot survey and the questions are quite basic because we don't want to take up too much of your time. However, you can add additional comments in places, but this is entirely optional. If you feel you have a lot to say and not enough time at the moment, you can start and come back to finish it later. To do this, click the three lines icon top right and add your email and a password to save your answers.
If you have more than one disabled child and you want to complete it about all of them, you can do so. There may be a delay to avoid spam, but we have set it to allow you to fill it in more than once for this purpose. Please mention this in one of the comment boxes if you've filled it in for a subsequent child, as the survey is analysed without using identification.
Show me the survey!
You can fill in the survey embedded right below, (scroll up inside the survey frame as you go along) If you have problems with seeing it below, visit the survey externally here.
What will you use the info for?
We'll analyse the data and write an article here about it for you to read. As we don't expect this pandemic to be an isolated event as we go forward, we want to be able to report the picture now and help use the data to make recommendations as to how disabled children can be supported in the future. We will send this to the DfE and present it to the Special Education Consortium and SEND Stakeholder Advisory Groups where we are members in our own right or with SEND Community Alliance. We expect it will complement the information recently gathered by the Disabled Children's Partnership that they are now analysing.
All data is held securely on our server. If you add your email address in the sign-up field, it's encrypted, and will be deleted once we've sent you a sign up email.
- SNJ In Conversation: What legal rights do disabled children have left under the Coronavirus Act?
- Shots fired! Secretary of State in legal challenge over SEND Coronavirus changes
- Coronavirus: Managing risk to get our special school ready for reintegration
- Dear Prime Minister, not all education in lockdown is equal
- SNJ In Conversation Coronavirus and Disabled children’s mental health
- It is a mistake to assume all vulnerable children are ‘at risk of harm’
Join the SNJ “Patron” Squad & get exclusive content!
Become a Patron!
- Your Squad Patrons' EXCLUSIVE February SEND update Newsletter is out now! If you're a patron and you haven't received it check your spam. No joy? Get in touch.
Don’t miss a thing!
- Free back-to-school legal WEBINAR! What to do if your child’s SEND education rights are denied when schools fully-reopen - February 25, 2021
- SNJ’s 10-point “Grab & Go” version of the DfE’s Back-to-School Guidance for SEND learners - February 23, 2021
- Ombudsman responds to our #ProvisionDenied report with news of a COVID team - February 22, 2021