We have another fabulous webinar lined up for you — with Education Minister, Claire Coutinho, who has responsibility for SEND.
Claire Coutinho, MP for East Surrey, joined the Department for Education towards the end of 2022, after the government’s chaotic period of musical ministers. We met her earlier this year when we extended an invitation to participate in a webinar once the plan was published and Ms Coutinho was happy to accept.]
When is it?
The webinar is on Tuesday 2nd May 2023 at 10am.
We realise this timing isn't great for parents who go out to work in the day, but Minister Coutinho’s diary availability dictates the timing. Don't worry if you cannot make the time or date; the recording will be published on SNJ after the event. Note, there’s no need to register for the webinar just to watch the recording, so only do so if you can attend live. Register below and use the form at the end of this post for your questions
The webinar is free to attend. As you may know, the SNJ team are all volunteers, so if you are able and would like to help us with associated costs, a donation here would be very welcome.
Ask your question
Whether you can make it live or not, if you wish to submit a question, use the form at the end of this post. While you will be able to ask questions live, time will be limited and it will be very busy. For a better chance of having your question asked, or if you can’t attend live, please submit your question below. This allows us to collate and amalgamate similar questions. We will send the general themes of these ahead to the Minister to allow prep for fuller answers.
Please keep your questions concise, and to one sentence if possible. Ensure it is a question the Minister can actually answer. This means NO personal queries please.
**Top tip** Read our overview and other SEND Improvement Plan posts first if you’re not yet up to speed on what’s in it.
Please note: Questions asked any other way - on social media or via email for example— Will NOT be included as it makes them too time-consuming to collate and we are likely to miss them.
Obviously, we cannot guarantee your question will be asked. We will group together similar questions, so if your question is asked but the wording isn’t the same as you wrote, this is why.
If you have an idea for further webinars, let us know!
- All our posts on the SEND Improvement Plan
- WEBINAR RECORDING: Will the SEND Improvement Plan fix provision for disabled children and young people?
- SNJ in Conversation: SEND law in 2023. Public law barrister, Steve Broach, answers your questions
- SENDInTheSpecialists: The campaign to boost investment in the SEND specialist workforce grows, and how you can get involved
- Survey reveals “systemic bias” of professionals and parental blame linked to family profiling of autistic children with Pathological Demand Avoidance
- A response to our letter to Ministers about the SEND Review
- Can you legislate for love? The Government’s plans for children’s social care aims to
- Why the DfE’s SEND Adviser,, Tony McArdle, is wrong, wrong, wrong: Matt’s Director’s Cut
- A guide to Ofsted and CQC’s “new, improved” Local Area SEND Inspections 2023
- How social class deepens inequalities experienced by disabled young people in England’s mainstream schools
- Leadership, strategy and EHCPs most significant weaknesses in England’s local area SEND Inspections
Join the SNJ “Patron” Squad & get exclusive content!
Become a Patron!
- The SNJ Patrons' EXCLUSIVE May SEND update Newsletter is OUT NOW! If you're a patron and you haven't received it check your spam. No joy? Get in touch.
Don’t miss a thing!
Sign up for SNJ new post alerts
Are you signed up to SNJ new post alerts but aren’t seeing them in your inbox? There may be a couple of reasons for this. Check out why and how to fix it here
- How well is the Government respecting children with SEND’s right to education? - May 16, 2023
- SNJ in Conversation with Carrie Grant: Supporting children at the intersection of SEND, Race and Gender Identity - May 12, 2023
- SNJ WEBINAR: SEND Minister Claire Coutinho discusses the SEND Improvement Plan. Register now! - April 19, 2023
You must log in to post a comment.