Today we're announcing our first SNJ webinar! Expert lawyer and SNJ columnist, Hayley Mason of SEN Legal will be explaining how to successfully prepare your child's case for appeals to the SEND Tribunal.
Whether you've been turned down for an EHC Needs assessment for your child, refused an EHC Plan or the plan you've been given is "not worth the paper it's written on", Hayley will have tips and strategies to help you prepare.
Registered participants can submit their own question ahead of time. There may also be time for ad hoc Q and As at the end.
Thanks to Arron at The Dyslexia Show 2020 for helping us with the loan of the webinar software.
When is the Webinar?
We asked parents for the best time and the consensus was
Wednesday 13th November, 8 pm - 9
We want to price it fairly, so the webinar costs just £7.
- There are a very small number of tickets for parents for whom £7 would be prohibitive, but really want to attend. Email us if that’s you and we can send you a registration code.
- There are also a number of free tickets for young people with SEND. If you are aged under 25 and have SEND and would like a free ticket, email us and we’ll send you a code.
- Finally, if you can’t make the webinar, you can sign get a recording of at a discounted price. Of course you won’t get to ask questions and participate, but it’s the next best thing.
Make sure you send the correct email! We sometimes get emails only to find they bounce when we try to reply. If you don’t enter the right email you won’t get the registration email! If this happens, first check your spam, if it's not there, then get in touch
There are a limited number of seats for the live webinar, so act fast to avoid disappointment.
Once you’ve registered, you can send in your own question for Hayley. This is the best way to get your question answered, as there will be limited time for questions on the night. You'll be sent the link to ask questions in the email after you've registered. Include your name with your question.
FREE for SNJ Squad Patrons
If you have signed up to be an SNJ Squad Patron by 31/10/19 and paid your first donation (which is charged on 1st of the month), the webinar is free of charge. This is one of several perks that regular donators to SNJ get. It's not a quid pro quo, it's a "thank you" to people who regularly donate to help keep us going.
Some people have been put off because the system for this is US dollars and there is apparently a small conversion charge. To get over this, anyone signing up for a recurring PayPal donation of a minimum of £5 a month or more is also included as a Squad Patron. We've included this information in the Squad Patron page. So, to reiterate, if your first patronage donation has reached us by 1st November you can sign up using the Patron option for free (plus the other stuff you get as a patron!). We match the registration emails with our Patrons so make sure you use the same email.
You can register on the embedded form below, or if you can’t see the form, click here to go through to the Eventbrite registration site
If you have any queries, get in touch
Join the SNJ “Patron” Squad & get exclusive content!Become a Patron! - Your Squad Patrons' EXCLUSIVE January Newsletter is out. Let us know if haven't received it - PLUS If you purchased the webinar or recording, have you received the email with the webinar recording? If not, check your spam or get in touch.
Don’t miss a thing!
She is also an experienced broadcast and print journalist & author. Tania also runs a PR, web & social media consultancy, SocialOro Media. She is a Rare Disease & chronic pain patient advocate with Ehlers Danlos syndrome.
Latest posts by Tania Tirraoro (see all)
- Ofsted explains its new way of reporting on SEND provision in education - January 17, 2020
- New Autism Toolkit launched to get support for children #RightFromTheStart - January 14, 2020
- What the Personal Wheelchair Budget means for disabled people in England - January 10, 2020