This page shows you how you can get involved with SNJ by:
- Sign up for new post alerts
- Register for an account to use our Ask IPSEA or Add a SEND Resource features
- Support us as an SNJ Patron, making regular donations and receiving our monthly patron's exclusive SEND update newsletter
- Become a volunteeer
- Make a one-off donation to help us stay online
1. New post alerts
To sign up for new post alerts, enter your email below:
Sign up for SNJ new post alerts
If you think you're already signed up but aren't getting them, click here to find out what to do
2. Register for an account
You'll only need to register for an account if you want to either:
- Send in a (non-urgent) SEND legal question to Ask IPSEA,
- Add a SEND resource to our searchable resource database.
3. Become an SNJ Squad Patron!
This is a new, exciting venture where for a small monthly donation of just £5, you get access to exclusive content as a thank you, just for the SNJ regular donators. This includes a monthly newsletter with the best of SEND for the month, and, as soon as we can, podcasts and webinars for no additional charge. How cool is that? Read more about why we’re doing this here
You can be a patron either through Patreon (right), or via PayPal (left - you need to "click make this monthly"). Choose below:
4. Be an SNJ volunteer
If you can't afford to donate or want to do more to get involved, you can help us in lots of ways. We need:
- people who want to write their own SEND story or share their SEND expertise
- people who will share our posts to their own social media (sign up for post alerts so you know when they come out)
- people who can help with grants or fundraising (we are a non-profit but not a charity)
- people who can offer help with admin work such as replying to emails, researching SEND news to help us keep up to date.
- helping us as moderators for our Facebook group and page
- people who have skills such as social media or WordPress editing
- people who have strong writing or editing skills
If one of these is something you might like to do, get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!
5. Make a one-off donation
|If you’d just like make a one-off donation to say thanks for what we do or to help us with our running costs, you can do so via the PayPal button. Any amount from £1 upwards is appreciated! As we are volunteers, our time is free, but we still have costs to maintain the site, which grow as we do!
Another way to support us: If you would like to talk to us about advertising or sponsorship, please Contact Us
Missing SNJ post alerts?
If you have signed up for new SNJ post alerts but are not getting them into your inbox, this is because of one or more of the following reasons:
1. You have not clicked the confirmation link that is sent to opt in and begin receiving post alerts or your subscription settings need adjusting. Visit https://subscribe.wordpress.com/ and follow the instructions.
WordPress manage our subscriptions securely and you will be able to see a list of all the sites you subscribe to that use the same system. You can then confirm, or set to receive posts by email rather than in their online reader. You can also choose to receive each post as it’s published, or a digest.
2. If this isn’t the problem, it’s definitely because they’re going to your spam. Depending on your system, either ‘whitelist’ or add to your contacts this email address:firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also create a “message filter” to ensure anything from this email address and from “Special Needs Jungle” is ignored by spam filters and goes straight to your inbox.
This method should (hopefully) work for any email address you want to ensure you receive, but personally, I find it’s still a good idea to check your spam box weekly for misdirected emails.
I hope this helps and once again, thanks for taking the survey and for reading Special Needs Jungle.