This week we've had sunshine, showers, hail as big as marbles and thunder and lightning... it must be April. I've whipped up some special needs stories and blogs that might have slipped your notice as you get over all that Easter chocolate.
As you read this over the weekend, I'll be at a spa hotel with my husband, enjoying our carer's break, leaving the boys and the dog in the capable hands of my mother-in-law. Have been instructed to leave my iPad behind and relax... if you spot me online before Monday, please tell me to log off immediately.
- Medical News Today: Researchers Examine Impact Of New Autism Diagnostic Criteria
- Thirty Days of Autism: Autism Awareness: 13-year-old Style
- WSJ: The Upside of Autism: New data show autistics' superiority at some cognitive tasks
- The Guardian: Autistic workers: loyal, talented … ignored
- Special Needs Jungle: Why I turned my back on my TV news career.
- Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine: Autism in Children: Is There a True Increase in Prevalence?
- Lisybabe's Blog: Priorities, a poem you might like...
- Northampton Chronicle: Plans to cut funding for transport of disabled children to Northamptonshire schools criticised
- Wirral Globe: Cash boost for Wirral Autistic Society's work programme
- Special Needs Jungle: The lifetime legacy of special needs left by meningitis - how recovered may not really mean back to normal
- Ellee Seymour's blog: Special educational needs – the way forward
- CYP Now: Warning over loss of specialist communication service
- NetBuddy: A survey from NetBuddy and Scope for Dads of children with disabilities. Completed surveys get a £40 wine voucher!
- Debs Aspland: My child has a diagnosis-what does this really mean for parents. Watch this poignant presentation
- E-petition: Real Parental Choice for Autism and SEN - e-petitions
- Jessica Kingsley Publishers blog: 'Girls on the spectrum possess charm, personality and potential.' Eileen Riley-Hall
- CYPNow: The Metropolitan Police must be trained to recognise autism by Andy from Ambitious About Autism
- National Union of Teachers: Disabled People and the UK Coalition Government
- Medical News Today: Scattered Across Many Genes, Autism Mutations Merge Into Common Network Of Interactions
- Disabled World: Tackling Dyslexia Before Children Learn to Read
- Disabled World: ARISk Test - a new Genetic Screening Tool for Autism
- Vitalise: Carers don't know they are carers, research reveals
- Babble Blogs: Autistic kids who wander: Amazing technology alleviates parents’ worst fears
Latest posts by Tania Tirraoro (see all)
- WEBINAR RECORDING: Will the SEND Improvement Plan fix provision for disabled children and young people? - March 16, 2023
- Can you legislate for love? The Government’s plans for children’s social care aims to - February 3, 2023
- Don’t make it harder to get EHCPs warns Equality and Human Rights Commission as DfE considers “raising the bar” - January 26, 2023
You must log in to post a comment.