If you missed, or indeed want to rewatch, our joint webinar with Children and Families Minister Will Quince on the SEND Review Green Paper we've now uploaded it.
We'll also be creating smaller clips over the next few days as time permits. Among the answers, we heard that Mr Quince is in favour of head teachers having a SENCO qualification, That the DfE did conduct an Equality Impact and children’s rights assessment before the Green Paper, which we have asked to be published, and we now have an email address where you can send your consultation responses direct.
Presented by SNJ's Tania Tirraoro and Tina Emery, co-chair of the NNPCF, Mr Quince spent 45 minutes answering questions you sent in about aspects of the Green Paper.
Subtitles have been automatically generated and may have errors. We're aiming to get these tidied up as soon as we can
Watch the webinar recording
Email your consultation response
After much nagging, we finally have a more accessible way to feed back your consultation responses. Use the following email: SendReview.Consultation@Education.gov.uk. After we shared the email address, 5% of participants said they would now be more likely to respond. You can also use our own single answer forms and we'll take care of the rest.
- SNJ in Conversation podcast: Will Quince in our hot seat discussing the #SENDReview Green Paper
- The legal implications of the #SENDReview: WEBINAR RECORDING
- The SEND Review was published on Tuesday 29th March 2022. The consultation closed on July 22nd
- There is a dedicated website with alternative versions, languages and formats here
- The Green Paper is a DISCUSSION document, split into six chapters, with 22 consultation questions.
- See a list of all SNJ's posts on the SEND Review, including our analysis articles.
- Alternative versions of the consultation document: Large print PDF version | Order a copy | Easy read version | British Sign Language (BSL) version | Guide for children and young people
- Can you help support our work?
Join the SNJ “Patron” Squad & get exclusive content!
Become a Patron!
- The SNJ Patrons' EXCLUSIVE Summer SEND update Newsletter is coming soon! If you're a patron and you haven't received it check your spam. No joy? Get in touch.