It's a bumper round-up of special needs stories and blogs this week - check out what you might have missed:
- Independent: Very interesting perspective: Eton head: Axe GCSEs and leave all exams until pupils are 18
- From Bucks Free Press: Three special needs units to close under Buckinghamshire County Council plans
- The Press Association: McKinnon's ordeal like 'execution'
- Morning Star: Pentagon and Nasa hacker McKinnon's mum tells of his 'nightmare world'
- Not As Advertised blog: Helping our AS teens learn money management by giving them bank cards
- MedicineNet: Antidepressants May Not Raise Suicide Risk in Youth: Study
- Special Needs Jungle: AS Student Josh’s book aims to help parents of Asperger’s kids
- Netbuddy: How do you describe your disabled child?
- NASEN: Academies and funding for SEN specialist services
- The Globe and Mail: Interesting Canadian article about risperidone for children with autism
- Channel 4 News: Can autism be used as hacking defence?
- Special Needs Jungle: Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy for children with autism
- Special Needs Jungle: Great 5-star review of my #specialneeds statementing book!
- Journal of Neurscience: Gene mutation in autism found to cause hyperconnectivity in brain's hearing center
- The Guardian: New changes to GCSE 'will penalise dyslexic pupils'
- NotAaAdvertised: My AS kids having fun in the snow in Farnham. Even No-fun Mum (ie me) joined in. Take a look!
- The Daily Record: Three mums reveal how they coped when children were diagnosed with autism
- Savette Gazette: Finding Support
- National Autistic Society: Tell us about your experience of Autism & Aspergers
- PLoS Biology: Why Are Autism Spectrum Conditions More Prevalent in Males?
Got one of your own? Add it in the blog comments.
Latest posts by Tania Tirraoro (see all)
- WEBINAR RECORDING: Will the SEND Improvement Plan fix provision for disabled children and young people? - March 16, 2023
- Can you legislate for love? The Government’s plans for children’s social care aims to - February 3, 2023
- Don’t make it harder to get EHCPs warns Equality and Human Rights Commission as DfE considers “raising the bar” - January 26, 2023
You must log in to post a comment.