Friday's come around again - this one marks the day my boys break up for Easter and don't go back until April 18th. Son1 is on a WWI trip to Ypres, Youngest off sick with painful legs caused by Vitamin D deficiency, so their holidays have already started. My task - get Youngest out of the Technolair and into the sunshine, which is easier said than done.
While I'm doing that, have a look at these stories and blogs I found (or wrote myself) in the past week. Lots of good stuff. If I missed your great blog post or news story, leave it in the comments and I can add you to my RSS feeds.
- Medical News Today: Identification Of Gene Expression Abnormalities In Autism
- Telegraph: Number of children with autism soars by more than 50 per cent in five years
- Special Needs Jungle: My Westminster trip: Labour hears experiences from SEN experts & parents for policy review
- Netbuddy Says: A story about my brother...
- South Wales Evening Post: Scheme to give children a right to appeal over special educational needs to be piloted in Wales
- CYPNow: Disparity in child disability provision exposed
- CYPNow: Welsh children's commissioner denounces advocacy services
- CBBC Newsround: My Autism and Me wins a Royal Television Society award
- A Boy With Aspergers: Dream location - The Land of Nod Aspergers and sleep problems
- Time Magazine: Understanding Why Autistic People May Reject Social Touch
- Ambitious About Autism: New Quality Standard announced for children with autism
- New Scientist: Mothers of autistic children are out of pocket
- CYPNow: Children's palliative care funding pilot announced
- Special Needs Jungle: Unofficial exclusions – Has it happened to your child?
- NASEN: Nasen's response to the Children's Commissioner School Exclusions Inquiry
- Love All Blogs: Read the Love Special Needs Weekly Showcase
- Not As Advertised: Mothers' Day - cards no longer required