It's close to the end of the year... and what an indescribable year it has been!
Many of us have lost someone dear. All of our children and young people have been affected in some way. All of us have been affected too. But some of us have had amazing help that we perhaps didn't expect. Here's your chance to say thank you.
Send in your thank you tribute in under 50 words
We'd like to give you the chance to publicly thank someone in your disabled child/young person's life who has gone above and beyond to help you and them through this year and to whom you're especially grateful. Every tribute sent in will appear in a special post on SNJ (we will use first names only, if preferred). If you are a disabled young person aged 16-25, you can nominate someone yourself, if you wish.
We will choose five of the people you've thanked, at random, to receive a £20 Amazon voucher. If you're selected, we'll email you and ask for their email address to send the voucher to. We'll then send them a £20 Amazon UK voucher. It can be a friend, relative, teacher, support worker or any other kind of professional. Anyone who you think deserves it. Last day for nominations is THURSDAY 10th DECEMBER 2020
Read the next bit very carefully!
What you need to do
- Fill in the form below, saying thank you in 50 WORDS OR LESS (we'll be putting your words into a "Thank you" printable image gallery, so space is limited) to pay tribute to a friend, family member, educator, health professional, social care worker, LA official - anyone - who has done something they didn't need to but did, to make your child/young person's life better this year.
- Make sure you enter YOUR email correctly, as after the closing date, we will draw five names from the nominees who will receive an emailed £20 Amazon UK voucher each. It's a random draw because if you've taken the time to send in their name and what they've done, then they are clearly worthy of winning so it's not fair to judge who did the best thing. If you are drawn, we will email you to ask for their email address to send the voucher to.
- The closing date for this is 10th DECEMBER - so you have just over one week. ENTRIES RECEIVED AFTER 10TH DEC WON'T BE INCLUDED
- Read the terms and conditions at the end and indicate you have agreed to them in the box.
- Sign up for SNJ new post alerts if you want to and you are not already signed up.
Nominate your SEND Hero 2020!
We will offer FIVE £20 Amazon vouchers, ONE to each of FIVE successful nominees, chosen at random between 11th and 13th December 2020. We will email the five nominators and ask for the email address of their chosen nominee to whom we will send the £20 Amazon UK voucher. You have until 18th December to respond if you receive an email from us. No other correspondence will be entered into except with the winners chosen. If we do not hear back from the winner chosen with their address within FIVE days of sending the email, we will redraw - so add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts we will choose an alternate winner.
No one who volunteers for SNJ or SEND Community Alliance may enter to avoid any hint of favouritism (sorry guys, we love you anyway!)
MAILING LIST: If you selected the box for your email to be included in our mailing list, you will be added within a month of entering. For SNJ email alerts, you MUST confirm your agreement by clicking on the link in the confirmation email you will receive before we can send you post alerts, for your security. If you’ve changed your mind you can ignore the email, if you subscribe and change your mind, each email has an unsubscribe link included. PRIVACY: Your emails will NOT be used for any other purpose and, if you did not sign up to a mailing list, your email will not be retained after the end of the giveaway. We do NOT sell your email.
- Ombudsman report says councils are “standing in the way of support” by failing to offer personal budgets during the EHCP process - November 24, 2023
- 10 reasons the Change Programme might fail, by experts from across the SEND sector - October 27, 2023
- For children with SEND and their parents, a compassionate teacher is key - October 20, 2023