The Department for Education has asked SNJ and the National Network of Parent Carer Forums to bring together two groups of parents for two events around PfA, one in London and the other in Sheffield.
The DfE would like to get a feel of how well informed parents are about the PfA elements of the reforms and whether schools, colleges and LAs are discussing the four outcomes in annual reviews from year nine onwards as they should be.
This will be of particular interest to parents who have perhaps not had a chance to give their views at this level before.
The focus groups will last about one and a half hours as follows:
London Preparing for Adulthood focus group
- LOCATION: This will take place in central London
- DATE: Tuesday 12th July
- TIME: 10.30am – 12.00pm.
Sheffield Preparing for Adulthood Focus Group
This will take place at a location in Sheffield
DATE: Friday 15th July 2016
TIME: 10.30am – 12.00pm
I'm looking for seven parents for each event. If you are an NNPCF member, please get in touch with Maureen Morris to book your place.
The event would entail:
- A brief overview of PfA and why it is important
- What messages on PfA parents are receiving? (including from schools, colleges, LAs, other parents, health and social care providers)
- Discussion on potential resources to support parents (and LAs, schools colleges etc)
- Your views on post-16 and post-19 provision.
The DfE will pay your travel expenses (for non-PCF parents, who will claim through the NNPCF)
Remember you MUST be available at one of the above times and locations before you send in the form.
**Sorry this event is now full***
- Ombudsman report says councils are “standing in the way of support” by failing to offer personal budgets during the EHCP process - November 24, 2023
- 10 reasons the Change Programme might fail, by experts from across the SEND sector - October 27, 2023
- For children with SEND and their parents, a compassionate teacher is key - October 20, 2023