A quick post today with an opportunity for parents interested in the Preparing for Adulthood agenda for young people with special needs and disabilities.
The Department for Education has asked SNJ and the National Network of Parent Carer Forums to bring together two groups of parents for two events around PfA, one in London and the other in Sheffield.
The DfE would like to get a feel of how well informed parents are about the PfA elements of the reforms and whether schools, colleges and LAs are discussing the four outcomes in annual reviews from year nine onwards as they should be.
This will be of particular interest to parents who have perhaps not had a chance to give their views at this level before.
The focus groups will last about one and a half hours as follows:
London Preparing for Adulthood focus group
- LOCATION: This will take place in central London
- DATE: Tuesday 12th July
- TIME: 10.30am – 12.00pm.
Sheffield Preparing for Adulthood Focus Group
This will take place at a location in Sheffield
DATE: Friday 15th July 2016
TIME: 10.30am – 12.00pm
I'm looking for seven parents for each event. If you are an NNPCF member, please get in touch with Maureen Morris to book your place.
The event would entail:
- A brief overview of PfA and why it is important
- What messages on PfA parents are receiving? (including from schools, colleges, LAs, other parents, health and social care providers)
- Discussion on potential resources to support parents (and LAs, schools colleges etc)
- Your views on post-16 and post-19 provision.
The DfE will pay your travel expenses (for non-PCF parents, who will claim through the NNPCF)
Remember you MUST be available at one of the above times and locations before you send in the form.
**Sorry this event is now full***
- How well is the Government respecting children with SEND’s right to education? - May 16, 2023
- SNJ in Conversation with Carrie Grant: Supporting children at the intersection of SEND, Race and Gender Identity - May 12, 2023
- SNJ WEBINAR: SEND Minister Claire Coutinho discusses the SEND Improvement Plan. Register now! - April 19, 2023
You must log in to post a comment.