WEBINAR: What to do if your child's SEND education rights are denied when schools fully-reopen
When: Monday March 1st
What time: 8pm
Cost: FREE, but register quickly, places limited
Our detailed survey of over a thousand parents of children and young people with SEND, found a widespread failure to restore SEND provision at all levels last September, with many disabled children were prevented from returning to school at all.
We don't want that to happen again. While we've made 45 recommendations for schools and government, we're not naïve enough to think all schools will even see them, let alone take any notice. We're not the only ones to think along these lines. Barristers, Alice Irving and Steve Broach have asked us to help put on a webinar with SEND legal experts, including our own columnist, solicitor Hayley Mason.
I know this is very short notice, but we wanted to get this information to you before school starts and in time to speak to your child's school or local authority. Please do also take the time to read our report (pdf) as this show you our recommendations and what you can suggest to their school as easy-wins for everyone.
What's it about & who's involved?
Then our panel of SEND legal experts will discuss what to do if you, your child or young person are being denied their EHCP provision, or are being prevented from returning to school. They are:
- Steve Broach (39 Essex Chambers) who will chair the webinar
- Alice Irving (Doughty Street Chambers) will provide a rundown of the law and current guidance.
- Education Solicitor and SNJ legal columnist Hayley Mason (SEN Legal) and
- Education solicitor Gregg Burrough (Coram Children’s Legal Centre) will both consider the practicalities of challenging a failure of provision.
There will be time for Q&A, although panellists will not be able to provide advice on specific cases.
This is a free webinar but places are limited so please don't delay with registering. Click the button below or this link
Please do share this with other parents.
Join the SNJ “Patron” Squad & get exclusive content!
Become a Patron!
- The SNJ Patrons' EXCLUSIVE Summer SEND update Newsletter is OUT NOW! If you're a patron and you haven't received it check your spam. No joy? Get in touch.
Don’t miss a thing!
- I’m a Dad with ASD and ADHD. Here’s why I’ll never give up fighting for my neurodiverse children’s educational rights - September 8, 2022
- An Employment Passport to young people with additional needs into paid work - August 23, 2022
- Top tips for introducing a School Dog to help your students - August 5, 2022