Life and ASC
- Blog: http://www.lifeandasc.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LifeAndASC
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/LifeAndASC
A Wheelie Great Adventure
I'm Lorna Fillingham and I'm a very new blogger! I had been thinking for a while about starting a blog, but had held off. What would my kids think when they read it in a few years was one of my concerns (and to address this I've renamed them, Flossie and Ben ?!). However, I believe that ours is a story to be told.
We go out ALL the time, partly for my sanity, partly because I've always loved gaining new experiences, and felt that it was good for our family to do so too. However, Flossie is seven and she has severe learning and physical disabilities. The world is slowly closing to us as she gets bigger and older. I am trying to fight the tide and trying to improve accessibility in the places we go.
I've been campaigning for increased provision of Changing Places toilets for a couple of years now (my petition can be found at http://bit.ly/toilets4all ) and I've also advised local museums and childrens centres on ways to improve accessibility.
My blog so far has taken a diary-type direction, I'm hoping that it will appeal to everyone and show that we are a "normal" family, just with a few extra needs in terms of access. I'm hoping that it will make businesses rethink the services they are providing, and at the very least I hope to raise awareness of the obstacles we can face on a daily basis. I am aware that different familes face very different obstacles, but this is our story, our adventure, come and join us for the ride.
Find me online:
- Blog: https://awheeliegreatadventure.wordpress.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AWheelieGreatAdventure/
Are you a special needs/disability blogger too? Just leave your blog link in the comments below.
- Poor advice for Post-16: Why Katie & Harvey Price’s long hunt for a suitable college is far from unique - March 2, 2021
- Free back-to-school legal WEBINAR! What to do if your child’s SEND education rights are denied when schools fully-reopen - February 25, 2021
- SNJ’s 10-point “Grab & Go” version of the DfE’s Back-to-School Guidance for SEND learners - February 23, 2021