A short post to share with you the SNJ SEND Review Green paper consultation response. It was quite a mammoth effort, weaving all the views we have published here over the past four months into a cohesive submission. So we're feeling somewhat relieved this week!
We also collated the responses sent to us by parents and other readers, ensuring everything reached the Consultation team by the deadline.
We've uploaded our response documents to our main SEND Review page, where we are also collating links from other organisations. If you would like yours included, please send the link over (not the document, as we won't be able to add that).
Don't switch off yet!
There are two more consultations you need to be thinking about - the Annual Review timescales and the Ofsted SEND Area Inspections Framework. The deadline for the first is in August and the second in September.
We'll be taking a break in August as usual, especially as I'll be spending time showing off my two wonderful little grandsons to my family in North Wales! We do have a few posts awaiting publication that have been delayed by our SEND Review coverage so they'll be coming soon!
Read our consultation response
You can find our response linked below:
- Read all our SEND Review posts
- #SENDReview: National standards plans are an assault on the rights and entitlements of children and young people with SEND
- Legal action launched against #SENDReview Consultation, over “misleading” disability discrimination Tribunal question
Join the SNJ “Patron” Squad & get exclusive content!
Become a Patron!
- The SNJ Patrons' EXCLUSIVE October SEND update Newsletter is OUT NOW! If you're a patron and you haven't received it check your spam. No joy? Get in touch.
Don’t miss a thing!
- Chaos, mistrust, poor inclusion, and no communication: How Kent’s SEND provision has failed its disabled children and their families - November 10, 2022
- Ofsted and ONS offer further evidence that lack of funding, training and specialists damages children with SEND - November 8, 2022
- No specialists = No support: The future for children with SEND is bleak without a trained workforce to support them - November 3, 2022