Today we’re launching our Christmas GIVEAWAY — to donate Amazon vouchers worth £20 each to families of children with SEND. This year, we’ve also extended the giveaway to ask companies if they can donate products or services to SENCOs to help support children with SEND in mainstream schools.
Times are tough, especially if you have one or more children with special educational needs or a disability. It often means income is restricted because you can’t get the right childcare and the additional costs often outstrip whatever you may receive in financial support. And this year, thanks to the cost of living crisis, things have got exponentially worse.
We’re delighted at the response we’ve had, and we will be able to donate So, we’ve pulled out all the stops in gathering donations from companies in the SEND space and from individuals who have responded to our appeal. We’d like to say a massive thank you to those who have donated funds or products. We’ve included the names of companies and our legal friends and their information towards the bottom as a thank you so do visit their websites.
If you haven’t donated but you would like to do so, you can do so either via the PayPal donation form here and below, OR if you’re a company donating money or products by emailing us for details or for an invoice. We’ll add your logo and link to the post as a thank you.
For SENCOs, you can choose one or more of these options:
- A £20 Amazon voucher
- One of 10 fantastic year-long memberships to Twinkl Ultimate SEND teaching resources
- The Literacy Toolbox Approach from Scanning Pens -support for reading and learning to your classroom providing a pathway to independence for learners with literacy difficulties and neurodiverse needs.
- An hour-long online training session on using EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) or “tapping” in the classroom on Tuesday 30th January from 4-5pm. You’ll be shown the basics of this meditation practice, provided with a pack of free resources to use in your school, and have the opportunity to do a 1:1 follow up session with the trainer if more support is needed. More info
- One of two copies of Square Peg by Ellie Costello about school anxiety and how to help
- A fabulous SENCO book bundle from Jessica Kinglsey Publishers:
- The Emotional Literacy Toolkit for ADHD
- The Dyslexia, ADHD, and DCD-Friendly Study Skills Guide
- The Educator’s Guide to Pathological Demand Avoidance
- The British Dyslexia Association - Teaching Dyslexic Students
- Inclusive Education for Autistic Children
- One free place at The 2024 HFL Education SEND Conference – a remote event – being held on Thursday 15 February 2024.
First Add YOUR email as it’s you we’ll be contacting if your nomination is successful. See the T&Cs below. Giveaway closes on 10th December 2023. Add email@example.com to your contacts/whitelist so you don’t miss our email.
We couldn’t have put this together without the help of the generous people who have donated. If you have donated as an individual - THANK YOU!
Many thanks to the following companies:
Want to see your firm’s logo here? Send us a giveaway donation or resource!
Terms and Conditions
Don’t miss a thing!
Don’t miss any posts from SNJ - simply add your email address below. You must click the link in the confirmation email you’ll receive to activate your free subscription.
You can also keep up with us by following our WhatsApp Channel!
Want more? Be an SNJ Patron!
SNJ is a non-profit company and everyone who writes here does so voluntarily. We need your support to help us with costs by donating once or as a regular patron. Regular donors get an exclusive SEND update newsletter as thanks! Find out more here
- The Great Christmas Giveaway 2023 for SEND families and SENCOs. NOMINATE NOW! - November 16, 2023
- Disabled children increasingly turned away from early years settings. A SEND charity aims to tackle the SEND inclusion crisis - November 14, 2023
- Partner with us to help SEND families get some 2023 Christmas cheer — OR to offer mainstream SENCOs some free SEND resources! - November 9, 2023